Tuesday, October 25, 2011

It's 7:24am on a Tuesday. Abigail woke up at 6, but ate and went back to sleep; one of my college roommates is here visiting (still asleep too, she's on vacation); John is returning today from a business trip; and I'm sitting on the couch, wrapped in an Airforce Academy blanket, thinking of things I'm thankful for. So I thought I'd share: 

1.) Friendships that endure absences well.
Tiff is here for a visit; we've known each other 11 years now and I have actually lived with her longer than I've lived with John...she's the sister of my heart.
Plus, we just got back from a long weekend with our friends, the Peelers, from Atlanta. It had been a year and a half since we'd seen them; two children had been added to the mix, making 5 total for the weekend; and we picked up right where we left off. More than picked up: it was refreshing, challenging, and just plain fun. A very sweet gift. Can you imagine how sweet those reunions in heaven will be?! There are so many people I'd love to sit down with again in this life, but a lot of those won't happen. Mmm mmm, it's nice to think about eternity to see them.

2.) Hot drinks and warm blankets in the morning.

3.) Extra time to myself when Abigail sleeps in. I don't need to have this extra 'first thing in the morning' time as Abigail still takes good naps, but I love it.
There is something so restful about the couch and a cup of coffee first thing. Especially when I don't have to get up at 5 to achieve it. It's my number one reason I avoid exercise before 7. I like slowness first thing, not sweat. And I'm thankful I have the opportunity to be slow regularly.

4.) Chicken costumes. It's what Abigail will be for Halloween/our Square Dance on Saturday (yes, you read that right)/maybe even Thanksgiving 'cause it's so dang cute. Tight enough she has trouble sitting up straight in it, but cute...and a wonderful circumstantial joy. I like those.

No comments:

Post a Comment